Sunkissed Trampoline

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sunkissed Trampoline
Sunkissed Trampoline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Werewolf of England (ch.2/pg.1[16+]

Go down

Werewolf of England (ch.2/pg.1[16+] Empty Werewolf of England (ch.2/pg.1[16+]

Post  Daugie Mon May 09, 2011 12:24 pm

Chapter 1 (Stephanie's P.O.V.)

'Thousands of brutal animal attacks have been appearing throughout England. So these questions have come up: What kind of animal is it? Where are the attacks? How can I save myself? All we know is that citizens of England must stay indoors ever night there is a full moon.'
I crumpled the paper in my hands and threw it out the window.

"Really Stephanie, you should learn to respect you surroundings." Mr. Benjamin said to me. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window.

"How much longer?"

"Not too long, we're actually pulling up right now." I looked at the mansion that came into view.

"Ehm…" I looked at Mr. Benjamin. "Now Stephanie, the whole town has either witnessed the creature, heard stories of the creature, or lost a family member to it. They're counting on you to get rid of it, understand?" I nodded and the old car came to a stop and the door opened. Mr. Benjamin got out of the car and I followed. I inspected the house, amazed the architect, and believed it has been around for a long time. "Stephanie." I snapped back to the real world and saw Mr. Benjamin talking to another man about 50, 60 something. I walked over and stood next to Mr. Benjamin. "Mr. Call, this is Stephanie Van Helsing, Stephanie this is Albert Call. He's watching the house while his master is away." I shook Mr. Call's hand and he had a surprised look on his face.

"Quite a grip you got there milady." I smiled and he smiled back.

"Stephanie, I must head off. Please, take good care of yourself and the people here." I nodded and he walked back to the old car. I took my suitcase and Mr. Call led me inside. Once I walked in, Mr. Call closed the door behind me and I dropped my bags.

"Whoa, this place is amazing." It really was huge, my voice even echoed, and the house had a nice old fashion style to it. I notice Mr. Call looking at me. "Oh, sorry." I began picking up my bags.

"Oh leave those; I'll have Edmund take those to your room." I put the bags back down and he led me to a rather beg room with a huge fireplace. "This is the living room, but it holds a wide variety of books on mythical creatures, such as vampires and werewolves." Mr. Call said as he led me to the back of the room where four tall bookcases lined the back of the wall.

"Thank you, I'm sure I'll be in here a lot." He let out a chuckle and his attention was turned to the door of the room.

"Mr. Poynter." He bowed and I turned to see a boy 20 something, probably my age, standing at the door. He had skater like brown hair with blond streaks in his hair, he dressed like a boy who would be in a band and from what I could tell, and he was taller than me, maybe Mr. Call's height. '', began walking over to us. "Miss. Helsing, this is Douglas." The boy rolled his eyes and I let out a giggle, whoa, why am I giggling?

"Call me Dougie." He said.

"Mr. Poynter this is Miss. Stephanie Van Helsing, she's investigating the mysterious animal attacks." I notice Dougie's eyes widened for a split second before they went back to normal.

"They only sent a girl?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Excuse me, but I didn't know I had to be a man to handle the job. Besides I probably have more experience and knowledge with this kind of stuff then a normal man." I began walking to the door and stopped once I reached it. "Mr. Call, I'm going to unpack now." He nodded.

"Second floor, third door on your left, the bathroom is on your right." He explained. I nodded and before I exited I noticed Dougie didn't move. I didn't care though, I think. I walked out to the foyer and noticed my bags were gone, I guess Edmund already took them to my room. I made my way up the wide stair case and stopped when I heard voices come from the living room.

"Really Mr. Poynter, do you not think before you speak?" It was Mr. Call scolding Dougie.

"Sorry, but I didn't know a woman was staying here until, I don't know, now."

"I'm sorry Mr. Poynter, but ever since your mother died you have been less social with your friends and stayed away from woman. I decided it was best for you to become friends with Miss. Helsing." I rolled my eyes. So am I here to make friends with the little brat, or hunt a werewolf? "You know she's quite beautiful, I couldn't help but notice your staring." My eyes widened and there was no response. I didn't even know he was staring at me. Suddenly the doors slammed shut which startled me.

"How did he know I was listening?" I asked myself, I shrugged and continued up the stairs. When I entered my room, I noticed my belongings were unpacked. My clothes were either hanging in the closet or tucked away in the dresser drawers. On top of the dresser my jewelry and make up were separated, and in front of one of the windows I notice a glass case. I walked over to it and examined my knives, guns, and bullets were neatly placed and saw a lock on it, the key was on top of the case. I walked over to a second closet that was between the two windows and opened it. I found my crossbow, arrows, swords, and other weapons I would need to use to kill this creature. I took out one of my favorite swords and examined it in my hands; the sword was passed down every generation in the Helsing family.

"I see you know what you're up against." I jumped and spun around to see Dougie standing in the door way.

"Of course, I'm not just any ordinary hunter." I said as I turned my back and put the sword back, he entered the room.

"That's good, I wouldn't want Edmund to bury another woman, and he hates that." I turned back to face him, this time I noticed the bags under his eyes.

"What's wrong with you?" He laughed and leaned against the wooden bed post.

"What's wrong with me? Nothin, I'm perfectly fine." He was lying. I turned back around and locked the closet.

"What another busy night partying with the girls instead of helping the citizens to kill this creature?" I said turning back to face him and noticed he was annoyed.

"Funny, it's like you already know me." He said sarcastically. "You know, I don't know too many people who are rude to their hosts on the first night." He still looked annoyed and I knew he was right. I sighed.

"I'm sorry, happy?" He looked a little bit satisfied.

"Must be the name?" I gave him a confused look. "What? I've read about your family, they're all rude to people, even the ones they're helping, they don't like getting attached." I looked to the ground and let out a laugh.

"Then I guess it's the name." Okay, since when do I laugh? I looked back at Dougie and he looked uncomfortable.

"Well if you need anything, ask Call or Edmund." He walked out the door, closing it behind him. What an odd guy. I stared at the door, imaging Dougie was still there and shook my head. I can't be fooling around on my job. I walked over to the window and looked at the crescent moon. In five nights the moon will be full.

Last edited by Daugie on Mon May 23, 2011 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Daugie
Daugie

http://thatsthetruthfics.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Werewolf of England (ch.2/pg.1[16+] Empty Werewolf of England Chapter 2 Page 1

Post  Daugie Mon May 23, 2011 11:57 am

Chapter 2 (Stephanie's P.O.V.)

The sun shone through the window, causing me to slowly open my eyes. I sat up I bed and stretched my arms. I looked over at one of the windows and walked over to it, pushing one of the white curtains to the side. I looked down at the front lawn and noticed the large cracked fountain. It looked very old and the water didn't spray water like it should. There was a soft knock at the door.

"Come in."

The door opened and a tall pale man stood. He had to bend over to stand in the doorway. "Will you be joining Mr. Poynter and Mr. Call for breakfast Miss. Helsing?"

"No thank you, I need to begin inspecting the grounds." He nodded and closed the door as he left. "Talk about Lerch from the Adams Family." I walked over to my artillery closet and opened it. I took out my long bow and some silver arrows; it'd be good to get some target practice in.

One I was dressed and ready to go, I made my way downstairs. I walked past the dining room towards the door until I heard my name called.

"Miss. Helsing." It was Mr. Call. I walked to the dining room door and opened it, okay how did he know it was me walking by when the door was closed? Mr. Call was sitting at the far end of the long wooden table and Dougie was hunched over the table stirring his food next to him. Just as I took a step into the room, Dougie shot up in his seat and looked directly at me. He surprised me a bit and we made eye contact.

"Yes Mr. Call?" I managed to ask once I broke eye contact with Dougie.

"Edmund told me you're going to be inspecting the grounds." I nodded. "The grounds are rather large maybe you should take Dougie along to help you." Dougie looked at Mr. Call like he was insane. "Oh don't give me that look Mr. Poynter. You should be kind to your guest, beside you never get out of the house anymore." Dougie dropped his head and Mr. Call looked back at me. "What do you say?" I looked at Dougie knowing I shouldn't bring him because he would get in my way but something about him made me want to say yes immediately.

"As long as he doesn't get in my way." Mr. Call smiled and I notice Dougie look at me from the corner of his eye.

"Well you heard the lady," Mr. Call said as he shooed Dougie off. "Don't forget to grab your coat, it's a bit chilly." Dougie walked past me but I didn't move. He seemed so cold to me and I wasn't sure if I should trust him. "Something the matter Miss. Helsing?" My attention snapped back.

"Uh…no, everything is fine." I began to walk out of the dining room and stopped before closing the door. "We should be back in a few hours." He nodded with a smile and all I could return was a look of confusion as I left.

"Are we going or not?" I looked over to the front door and notice Dougie had his green Hurley jacket on and was ready to go. I nodded and we both left. We walked around the mansion and I couldn't help but drop my jaw. In their 'back yard' they had a stable with fields around it, an area to play polo or whatever sport you want to play, a pool, and they even had a small pathway that lead to a lake.

"Damn, I'm almost jealous." Dougie looked over at me and gave me a smirk. "Almost." He nodded. See when you're a hunter and you hunt vampires, werewolves, and etc. you don't let your feelings get in the way. I noticed a rather large oak tree with claw marks on it. I walked over and touched them, they were cold.

"What's wrong?"

"The claw marks, they're cold, which means they're old." I turned to him. "Did you know you had a werewolf in your yard?" His reaction stayed neutral, he was so hard to read. He dug his hands in his pockets and shrugged.

"I don't remember. I guess it was from when I was younger." 'Younger'? So he has lived here his whole life with the werewolves? Why didn't anybody do anything? I turned back to the tree to inspect them until I noticed movement in the bushes from the corner of my eye. I turned to Dougie and put my index finger up to my lips and pointed to the bush. He nodded and we walked over to them quietly. We both pushed the bushes away revealing a brown head. He looked up at us and finally waved.

"Oh hey mate!" He said to Dougie. He had strait brown hair and blue eyes. He wore a black and white polo, baggy blue jeans, and white sneakers.

"You know him?" I asked Dougie. He rolled his eyes and pulled the man off the ground.

"What are you doing here?" Dougie asked angrily.

"What, I can't see an old friend?" He asked slinging his arm around Dougie's neck. Suddenly two figures caught my attention from the front of the house. One man had bleach blonde hair and was wearing a black button down shirt, dark blue jeans, and black converses. The other guy had dirty blonde hair covered with a black beanie; he was wearing a brown plaid button down shirt, dark blue baggy jeans and brown converses.

"Danny, Mr. Call said Dougie's outside!" The bleach blonde guy yelled. "Oh…I guess you already knew that." The brunette removed his arm from Dougie and turned to the other two.

"I thought you guys were supposed to be on watch!" He yelled but I could see he was smiling.

"Well we got hungry and you know how Tom gets when he doesn't get food!" The dirty blonde explained and the brunette couldn't help but laugh. The bleach blonde guy punched him.

"Mind explaining who these people are?" I asked Dougie. The three guys heard me and turned their attention to me.

"Oh sorry, where are my manners?" The brunette asked turning to me. "I'm Danny." He said with a goofy grin. "This is Tom." He pointed to the bleach blonde guy. "And this is Harry." The guy wearing the beanie waved.

"And you are?" Tom asked.

"Oh wait I think I know!" Harry yelled and Tom and Danny turned to him, giving him confused looks. He suddenly stopped jumping and gave them a confused look. "Don't you remember Mr. Call telling us that he hired a hunter to find the werewolf?"

"Ohhhh." Tom and Harry said together.

"Yeah it's Stephanie Van Helsing, right?" I nodded, still confused.

"Enough!" The boys jumped a bit when Dougie yelled. "What are you guys doing here?" They looked at each other.

"Well, we haven't seen you in a while since…well you know." Tom piped in.

"So we decided to help find this werewolf so you can get revenge for what that bloody creature did." Danny added. Dougie dropped his head and he looked hurt.

"Danny, you weren't supposed to mention that!" Tom yelled, slapping Danny in the back of the head.

"Ow." He whined as he rubbed his head. I looked over to Dougie and I swear I saw a tear slide down his face. I don't know why, but I wanted to comfort him. I placed a hand on Dougie's shoulder.

"Dougie?" He shrugged my hand off.

"I'm fine." He walked back to the house without saying another word. When he was out of sight I noticed the boys looked hurt, and I knew that I wouldn't get an explanation with sad people. I turned to the boys.

"So…what's the story?" Harry was the first to look up.

"Well, ever since a certain incident happened, Dougie hasn't been the same. So as friends we decided to come over every day to cheer him up, but…" He paused.

"He would turn us away; he didn't want to see us." Danny finished for Harry.

"I'm guessing that's all you're gonna tell me?" They nodded.

"It would be best if Dougie told you the story, friends don't tell stories about their friends unless it's okay with them." Tom explained, and he too continued to look at the ground. I sighed and began walking back to the mansion.

"Where are you going?" Danny asked.

"To talk to Mr. Emotional." I said as without turning to look at them. I made my way to the front door, up the stairs, and to Dougie's door and I knocked on it loudly.

"Go away!" He yelled through the door. I banged on the door harder as I lost my temper.

"Look, I don't know what the hell your problem is, but you're making your friends upset!" I yelled back and the door suddenly open showing Dougie.

"Your job is to find this creature and kill it, not to make my life better and tell me everything will be alright and I'll be okay. So forget about my sappy life and do your job!" He slammed the door shut before I could say another word. I didn't say anything, I just stood there. I finally made up my mind, not only do I have to kill this creature but…I have to help Dougie. He reminds me too much of me and my unlucky life.

"I'm a good multi-tasker, thank you very much!" If he yelled anything back, I didn't hear him. I was already on my way back downstairs to tell the boys my plan, and it was going to go against everything I knew about being a hunter.
Daugie
Daugie

http://thatsthetruthfics.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum