Sunkissed Trampoline

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sunkissed Trampoline
Sunkissed Trampoline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Four Seekers (ch.1/pg.1)[15+]

Go down

The Four Seekers (ch.1/pg.1)[15+] Empty The Four Seekers (ch.1/pg.1)[15+]

Post  Daugie Mon May 09, 2011 12:32 pm

(Prologue)

The days of the Midlands have become dark and rather depressing. Murderers have taken the guise of soldiers. They weren’t planning an insidious plan against the Lord of the Lands; in fact they were fighting for him.
Lord Erron, the new lord of the throne after his grandfather Richard. He had an opulent kingdom, but he was stolid. The only way to please him was to take money from peasants and kill soldiers of the Resistance.
The Resistance showed remarkable fortitude against Lord Erron. Bystanders gape at the scenes of Lord Erron’s men fight The Resistance, Lord Erron would become bereft from hearing his men fail. The Resistance has augmented their army, but they could not last forever. They needed the new seekers. Not just one, but four. Each young man has a piece of the Sword of Truth after it was shattered by a sorcerer who remains unknown. Only can the men bring peace back to the Midlands, but they cannot do it alone.

Last edited by Daugie on Mon May 23, 2011 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daugie
Daugie

http://thatsthetruthfics.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

The Four Seekers (ch.1/pg.1)[15+] Empty The Four Seekers Chapter 1 Page 1

Post  Daugie Mon May 23, 2011 12:01 pm

Chapter 1(Dougie’s P.O.V.)

Another day in Hartland, I was working on the farm again, cutting wood. It was just like any other day in Hartland. Anyway, I was just finishing carrying the piles of wood to the firewood pile by my small house when I heard someone calling my name.
“Dougie!” I looked over to the path by our family’s fields and saw my friend Danny running down the path. I put the rest of the wood down and pulled my navy blue cotton shirt on. “Mate, you’re never gonna believe what I’m going to tell you.” Danny said with a huge grin on his pale face. His blue eyes were filled with joy and his hair that is usually styled in some sort of mohawk was a bit windblown. I laughed at him.
“What?”
“Harry and Tom are back!” My jaw dropped open.
“Where are they!?”
“At Tom’s house, come on!” I grabbed my brown leather vest and threw it on and then ran after Danny to Tom’s house.
We took a short cut through the woods and ran over the small bridge Harry and I built last summer for a little boy and his cow to crossover. We ran down a few hills and came into view with Tom’s small log house.
“TOM! HARRY!” Danny and I yelled together as we busted through the front door. Harry and Tom looked up from their meal and smiles spread across their faces.
“Danny, Dougie!” They both stood up and we were all in a group hug.
“Kids, please let Tom and Harry eat.” Tom’s mom said as she came in. Tom and Harry sat back down and we decided to join them.
You see, because of the way Tom and Harry are built, they were drafted into Lord Erron’s army. The only problem was, soldiers of the D’Haran forces were never allowed to leave Lord Erron’s army.
Tom’s mother set some food on the table for Danny and me and we thanked her. Once she left the room, Tom nodded towards the door. I jumped up and closed the door and ran back. This was our way to let tom’s mother know that we were talking.
“How were you guys able to leave?” Danny asked when I sat back down. Tom and Harry looked at each other.
“We escaped.” Harry finally admitted as his blue eyes looked down out his plate of food.
“How?” I asked. Now I didn’t even care for the delicious food in front of me.
“There’s a group called ‘The Resistance’ they helped us.” Harry began to explain.
“They jumped our force in the woods but we didn’t care. We chose not to fight them and they saw our actions. They told us to bury our armor and return home.” Tom finished explained for Harry.
“But what about the draft papers?” Danny asked.
“Burned.” Tom started to say.
“Burned?” I asked with a confused look. Tom closed his brown eyes and nodded.
“The Resistance traveled to our post and burned it down, once less part of the Midlands for Erron.” Harry said under his breath.
There was a sudden loud banging noise coming from the kitchen. Then a flustered Mrs. Fletcher busted through the kitchen door. Now she never intruded like this but when we saw her face we knew something was wrong.
“Mother, what’s wrong?” Tom asked. Mrs. Fletcher ran over to him and hugged him.
“Take this…” She handed Tom a backpack full of food and money. “….go to Harry’s house and his mother will give him the things he needs.”
“Mother what’s going on?” Tom asked her in a terrified voice, but she didn’t answer. She hugged Tom once more.
“I love you, now go!” She pushed the four of us out of the back door and we sprinted to Harry’s house.
Harry’s mother acted just like Mrs. Fletcher, she too wouldn’t answer our questions. After stopping at Harry’s house we traveled to Danny’s house.
“Hey mom, Harry and Tom need somewhere to stay.” Danny called as we walked into his house. His mother shook her head and left the room, when she returned she too had a pack full of supplies.
“Go to Dougie’s house, his father will fill you boys in on what’s going on, but you must hurry!” His mother told him.
“Mother…” Danny whispered. I could see the sadness in his eyes.
“Go!” She yelled at him and we did. We ran out the door and I swear I saw some D’Haran soldiers at another house. Wait a minute, there’s a shield around Hartland…how could have Tom and Harry gotten through? And how could D’Haran soldiers get through too? My house soon came to view and I started thinking of one more thing. How would my father know what’s happening?
Daugie
Daugie

http://thatsthetruthfics.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum